Here’s a quick lunch you can take to work and a snazzy way to eat up those chicken breasts.
Jon loves flatbread and we’ve found that Trader Joe’s lavash is pretty awesome and easy to use. It’s already cut into a handy rectangle that happens to fit perfectly into my toaster oven and is easy to roll up. Unlike other flatbreads we’ve encountered, it also holds together pretty well after being toasted and rolled.
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1-2 Tbsp Pesto sauce
- 1 piece lavash flatbread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 1/5 cups chopped spinach
- 1 sliced tomato (optional)
- Combine the mayo and pesto. This is your pesto aoili!
- Spread evenly on the lavash
- Cover with shredded mozzarella
- Toast until the cheese is just melty
- Spread the chicken strips on top, about 2/3 of the way across the lavash
- Add the chopped spinach on top of the chicken
- Optional: Add sliced tomato on top of the spinach (this helps to keep the tomato in the middle of the wrap and avoids a soggy wrap when lunchtime comes around)
- Roll tightly, starting with the spinach/chicken covered side
- Cut in half diagonally for added style points. Stick 2 toothpicks in each half to keep it from unravelling in transit.